Windows 7 was released in 2009, it requires a little massaging to find its way.
- Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center.
- Click: Manage Wireless networks
- Look through the list, does the network name already exist in the list. If it does remove it.
- Click: Add
- Select: Manually create a network profile
Next, create the profile:
- Type network name: This is the network name
- Select security type: WPA2-Enterprise
- Select encryption type: AES
- Check: Start this connection automatically
- Click Next
The step below is only required if you are on a public network or one that does not push certificates as part of a deployment pipeline. This applies to most Co-Working space customers.
- Click: Change connection settings
- Select: Security Tab
- Click: Settings
- Uncheck: Validate server certificate
- Select Authentication Method: EAP-MSCHAP v2 and then Click Configure
Under the Configure Window:
- Uncheck: Automatically use my Windows logon on name and password
- Click: OK
- Click: Advanced/Additional settings
- Select: 802.1X settings tab
- Check: Specify authentication mode
- Select: User authentication
- Click: Save Credentials
- Enter: User credentials
- Click: OK
- One more click: OK
- Close out