For device-specific details about finding the MAC address, click on on of the following links.
- Older iPhone/iOS
- Android devices
- Smart TVs
- Media streaming devices
- Philips Hue Bridge
Depending on your device you may have to go on the manufacturer’s website or consult the manual to locate the MAC address. On some devices the MAC address is also printed on the back of the device next to the serial number.
Older iPhones/iOS devices
1. On the member's device, tap on the Settings icon > Wi-Fi > Find the [CoWorkSpace]-General network. Do not use the Members network for this step.
2. Tap the "info" icon
Tip: If you are prompted to enter as password you did not click on the information icon. Just tap cancel and try again.
3. Find Private Wi-Fi Address and tap to turn off.
4. Once the Private Wi-Fi Address is "off" enter the WiFi Address (Mac address) in the dashboard following the steps below.
Now add the MAC address to the dashboard, by following the instructions in this article: Adding users/devices to the network.
Finding the Wi-Fi MAC address for Android Devices
1. Go to Settings > Scroll down to About phone
2. Tap on Status or Hardware Information (depending on your model of phone)
3. Find Wi-Fi MAC Address
Depending on the manufacturer of your Smart TV, you can find the MAC address as follows.
Home Menu > Setup > Network Setup > Network Connection Test (http://www.samsung.com/us/)
Home Menu > Setup > Network > Status (http://www.lg.com/us)
Home Menu > Setup > Network (http://shop.panasonic.com/)
Media streaming devices
Most media streaming devices have the mac address printed on the device itself. If the MAC address sticker is missing follow the instructions below.
- From the Home Screen, press up to make the Menu Bar appear
- Select Settings, then Player Info
- You will see the Wireless MAC Address on this screen
- See https://support.roku.com/article/7868657724823 for more information
Amazon Fire Stick
- Go to Settings
- Then move forward to My Fire TV
- Go to About
- Then scroll to Network The MAC address will be visible on the right hand side of the screen
- From the Main Menu select Settings
- Select About or Network.
- The 12 digit MAC address will be displayed next to 'Wifi Address"
- Download the Amazon Alexa app to your phone or computer and sign in with your Amazon account.
- Connect to the wireless network transmitted by your Echo device.
- The wireless MAC address for your Echo can be found at the bottom of the Echo Setup screen in the Alexa app.
On some SONOS devices the MAC address is printed on a sticker on the back/bottom of the device. This will be a 12 digit code, with each pair of digits separated by a hyphen, e.g. 11-AA-BB-22-CC-FF. You'll find an extra 13th digit/letter at the end, you can ignore this digit/letter.
If there is no MAC address on the bottom of your device open the Sonos App.
In the app, go to Settings > System > About My System. Scroll down to Roam. The MAC address is the serial number up to the ':'.
The best way to find your printer’s MAC address is to consult the user manual. If you don’t have access to the user manual inspect the back and bottom of the unit for a product sticker. Check the sticker for a 12-digit address.
Alternatively navigate through the settings on the printer's control panel to find an option to print a configuration page. You can sometimes find the option in "Report Settings," "Network Setup," "Print Setup," "Self Test" or a similar menu.
Step 1: Look at the product manual cover. Some manufacturers attach a MAC address label to the printer manual. This is usually noted with the legend: “Physical Address” or “MAC Address.” If this label is absent, proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Consult the manual for instructions on printing the device's configuration page.
Step 3: Print the configuration page and look for the “Physical Address” or "MAC Address" entry.
Philips Hue Bridge
Hue Bridge 2.0
The MAC Address of your Hue Bridge 2.0 can be found on the back of the Bridge on a label with a bar code as show in the image below.
It will be a total of 6 numbers/characters however this is not the complete MAC Address. You have to add 00:17:88 followed by what is on the back of your bridge. For instance, if your bridge shows 1a2b3c then your complete MAC address would be 00:17:88:1a:2b:3c.
Hue Bridge 1.0
The complete MAC address can be found in the red box of the image below on the Hue Bridge 1.0