In order to establish a VPN connection to your company, you’ll need to download an App that gives you access to the VPN service plus access to a few secure methods that will authenticate your connection.
What you'll need:
- Your desktop or laptop you want to use with the VPN
- Download the OpenVPN Connector App
- Download the OVPN File configuration emailed by your IT department
- Your email and password credentials issued to you by your IT department.
- If enabled at your company, you also will need a 2FA code.
Step 1: Download the OpenVPN Connect application.
- Windows users: Click here to download for Windows 10
- Windows 64 bit users: client Click here to download Windows 64 bit (scroll to find the download link for the “Windows 64-bit MSI installer”).
- macOSX users: Click here to download for macOS
Once downloaded the program will walk you through the setup.
Next OPEN the OpenVPN Connect Application by locating this icon on your desktop.
Step 2: Download the OVPN File Configuration
- Your IT department sent you an email with the configuration file. Subject line: "Lionstripe Configuration"
- Open the email and click on the link to take you to the website to download the file.
- On the website, please make sure the URL has a padlock and the domain is showing as datacamo.net.
- Enter your email address and click “verify.” The configuration file will be downloaded automatically.
Step 3: Import the configuration file in OpenVPN Connector
- Open the OpenVPN Connector application
- You will see the “Import Profile” screen. Drag the Lionstripe.ovpn file you just downloaded into the app or click "Browse" and upload it that way.
Step 4: Enter your Lionstripe username and password
- Enter your username: Your company email address
- Check "Save password".
- Enter your password. If you forgot your password? Click here for instructions on how to reset
- Click on the orange Connect button.
5. Click SAVE at the top right hand corner. Don't click the orange Add Proxy button.
6. You’ll be taken to the Profile page, now toggle the button to ON
If the button turns green you are connected to our office via the VPN. You are done, good job!
If you are being prompted for a Multi-Factor Authentication, it means your company has enabled another level of security, see instructions below.
Step 5: Enter your one time code (2FA) if enabled by your company
Your IT department sent you an email for the authenticator setup. Subject line: "Lionstripe Authenticator".
If you need help setting up or resetting your Authenticator Please click here.
Note: Every time you want to connect to the VPN, you’ll need to get a one time code from your authenticator app. That’s it, You are now securely connected. Good Job!