Some devices do not support EAP security so if you have any issues logging your device onto the [Property]-Residents network you will need to find the MAC address of the device and add it manually using the Lionstripe Dashboard.
For device-specific details about finding the MAC address, click on on of the following links.
- Older iPhone/iOS
- Android devices
- Smart TVs
- Media streaming devices
- Gaming consoles
- Ring doorbells
- Google Nest
- Philips Hue Bridge
Depending on your device you may have to go on the manufacturer’s website or consult the manual to locate the MAC address. On some devices the MAC address is also printed on the back of the device next to the serial number.
Older iPhones/iOS devices
To find the MAC address for your iPhone or other iOS device, follow these steps:
1. On the your device, tap on the Settings icon > Wi-Fi > Find the [PROPERTY]-General network. Do not use the Residents network for this step.
2. Tap the "Info" icon
Tip: If you are prompted to enter as password you did not click on the information icon. Just tap cancel and try again.
3. Turn off Private Wi-Fi Address by toggling the radio button.
4. Once the Private Wi-Fi Address is "OFF" enter the Wi-Fi Address (MAC address) in the dashboard following the steps below.
Now add the MAC address to the Lionstripe Dashboard by following these steps.
1. Go to Settings > Scroll down to About device.
2. Tap on Status or Hardware Information (depending on your model of phone).
3. Find Wi-Fi MAC Address
Depending on the manufacturer of your Smart TV, you can find the MAC address as follows.
Home Menu > Setup > Network Setup > Network Connection Test (http://www.samsung.com/us/)
Home Menu > Setup > Network > Status (http://www.lg.com/us)
Home Menu > Setup > Network (http://shop.panasonic.com/)
Media streaming devices
Most media streaming devices have the mac address printed on the device itself. If the MAC address sticker is missing follow the instructions below.
- From the Home Screen, press up to make the Menu Bar appear
- Select Settings, then Player Info
- You will see the Wireless MAC Address on this screen
- See https://support.roku.com/article/7868657724823 for more information
Amazon Fire Stick
- Go to Settings
- Then move forward to My Fire TV
- Go to About
- Then scroll to Network The MAC address will be visible on the right hand side of the screen
- From the Main Menu select Settings
- Select About or Network.
- The 12 digit MAC address will be displayed next to 'Wifi Address"
- Download the Amazon Alexa app to your phone or computer and sign in with your Amazon account.
- Connect to the wireless network transmitted by your Echo device.
- The wireless MAC address for your Echo can be found at the bottom of the Echo Setup screen in the Alexa app.
On some SONOS devices the MAC address is printed on a sticker on the back/bottom of the device. This will be a 12 digit code, with each pair of digits separated by a hyphen, e.g. 11-AA-BB-22-CC-FF. You'll find an extra 13th digit/letter at the end, you can ignore this digit/letter.
If there is no MAC address on the bottom of your device open the Sonos App.
In the app, go to Settings > System > About My System. Scroll down to Roam. The MAC address is the serial number up to the ':'.
On older Ring doorbells the MAC address is located on the back.
For newer Ring doorbells you can only find the MAC address using the Ring application by following these steps:
- Launch the Ring app on your phone
- Tap the ‘more’ icon at the top-left corner of the screen
- Select ‘Devices’
- Go to ‘Device health’
- Find the MAC address under the ‘device details’.
|Select the thermostat you have:
|How to tell which thermostat you have
Nest Thermostat (Newer generation)
Google Home app
- Open the Google Home app .
- Tap your device's tile.
- At the top right, tap Settings Device information.
- The MAC address should be listed under Technical information. If it’s not, check the device’s Wi-Fi connection.
- Open the Nest app .
- Tap Settings in the top right corner of the Nest app home screen.
- Select the product that you want to check.
- Tap Technical info. You’ll find the MAC address next to MAC or Wi-Fi MAC. Note: Don’t use the serial number next to 802.15.4 MAC. That’s the address Nest products use to communicate directly with one another over a low-power wireless connection.
Nest Thermostat E / Learning (Older generation)
Early Nest thermostats have their MAC address listed in their Network menu. Your thermostat must be installed and connected to power before you can access the MAC address.
- Press the thermostat’s ring to bring up the Quick View menu.
- Turn the ring to scroll to Settings and press the ring to select.
- Select Technical Info, then Network.
- Scroll down to find your thermostat’s MAC address.
- Go to Settings in the main menu (looks like a toolbox).
- Scroll down and select System. Then select System Information.
- Here you will see the MAC addresses for LAN (Ethernet) and Wi-Fi.
- Go to Settings in the main menu (looks like a toolbox).
- In settings, go to System, then scroll down to System Information. Your MAC Address will be listed here.
- On the Home Menu, go to System Settings.
- In the menu on the left side, select Internet. The MAC Address will be under System MAC Address.
- On the Wii U menu screen, select to the System Settings Icon
- Go to the Internet menu and select it. Then select the View MAC Address icon. The MAC address will be listed here
Note: This mac address will be for the Wireless internet, so if you are connecting using an Ethernet to USB adaptor, you will have to use the MAC address of that adaptor.
- From the Wii Channel Menu, select the Wii Settings button the in the bottom left hand corner.
- Navigate the settings menu to Internet, and the Console Settings. The MAC Address will be listed there.
- On the 3DS Home Screen, select System Settings. Then select Internet Settings.
- In the Internet Settings, select Other Information and then Confirm MAC Address. The MAC Address will be listed here.
- If you are signed into a profile, go to My Games & Apps and Settings. If you are not signed into a profile, just go to Settings.
- Select Network then Advanced Settings.
- Scroll down and select Network Settings. Then choose either Wired (Ethernet) or Wireless, depending on how you want to connect.
- Go the Xbox 360 Dashboard and navigate all the way to the right most tab labeled My Xbox and select the System Settings option.
- Select Network Settings then Configure Network
- Go to the Additional Settings Tab and select the Advanced Settings. In the next window you should see the MAC Address listed.
To find the MAC address for your Chromebook, follow these steps:
- At the bottom right, select the time.
- Select the Wi-Fi network.
- At the top of the box, select Information.
- You'll see your Chromebook's IP address and IPv6 address. The MAC address is labeled Wi-Fi.
During the initial setup phase:
- On the bottom right of the screen, hold down the page turn button, and then tap Next.
- In the top left corner, tap the Device Info icon that appears. Your MAC address will appear.
During normal operation:
- From Settings, tap Device Info.
- Tap About Your NOOK. Your MAC address will appear.
Nook Simple Touch
- From Settings, tap Device Info.
- Tap About Your NOOK. Your MAC address will appear in the list.
- From the home screen, tap Menu, and then Settings.
- The MAC address will appear in the Device Info section near the bottom of the screen.
Fire HD tablet
- From the home screen, tap Settings, and then Wireless (under Device header).
- Select WiFi.
- Tap the "More options" ( ⋮ ) icon, and select Advanced. Your MAC address will be displayed.
The best way to find your printer’s MAC address is to consult the user manual. If you don’t have access to the user manual inspect the back and bottom of the unit for a product sticker. Check the sticker for a 12-digit address.
Alternatively navigate through the settings on the printer's control panel to find an option to print a configuration page. You can sometimes find the option in "Report Settings," "Network Setup," "Print Setup," "Self Test" or a similar menu.
Step 1: Look at the product manual cover. Some manufacturers attach a MAC address label to the printer manual. This is usually noted with the legend: “Physical Address” or “MAC Address.” If this label is absent, proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Consult the manual for instructions on printing the device's configuration page.
Step 3: Print the configuration page and look for the “Physical Address” or "MAC Address" entry.
Philips Hue Bridge
Hue Bridge 2.0
The MAC Address of your Hue Bridge 2.0 can be found on the back of the Bridge on a label with a bar code as show in the image below.
It will be a total of 6 numbers/characters however this is not the complete MAC Address. You have to add 00:17:88 followed by what is on the back of your bridge. For instance, if your bridge shows 1a2b3c then your complete MAC address would be 00:17:88:1a:2b:3c.
Hue Bridge 1.0
The complete MAC address can be found in the red box of the image below on the Hue Bridge 1.0