If you followed the setup instructions included with your DataCamo router, and your internet is not working, please follow the checklist below.
If you've already set up the DataCamo router and your internet is suddenly not working, please click here.
1. Is your internet cable plugged in?
Most likely your internet is delivered via a coax cable. The first thing to do is ensure that cable from the wall is plugged into your cable modem. In some cases, your internet may be delivered via an Ethernet cable that plugs into a WAN port on your cable modem. If that is the case, click here for more information.
2. Does your cable modem have the DataCamo green cable plugged into a LAN port?
3. Is your green cable plugged into Port 1 on the DataCamo router? If you plug it into a different port, it will not work.
4. Are the cable modem and DataCamo router plugged into a working power source? A quick way to tell is to ensure you see a any colored light on both devices.
Networking words defined:
- LAN Port: This is your router's local area network ports. You can plug a computer, printer or any device directly into your router to access your private internet connection.
- WAN Port: Your router's Wide Area Network port, or the port that connects you to the public internet from your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Typically this is a coax cable from the wall to your cable modem.
- If your internet is not delivered via a coax cable, click here.
- Cable Modem: Device that supplies internet to your home. A cable modem can also have built in wireless so it provides you with your WiFi signal.
- Wireless Router: In some cases, you may have a wireless router to provide your home with a wireless signal.